Wednesday 5 January 2011

Home Sweet Home: Cushions

What is it with us girlies and cushions?  It's totally a female thing, The Hubby is totally uninterested in pretty cushions, cosy throws etc.

I've spotted this cutie on the John Lewis website:


It's perfect for me - happiness, love, romance, home, amore, hope, life, affection and of course my own name, JOY! 

Of course, sod's law, it's out of stock.  Will have to keep checking back and checking instore for it.  It will go perfectly with the H&M cushion that I bought in the online Christmas sale (a bargainous 7.99) and arrived today:



It is still available on the H&M UK website, in both red and black.  I already have 2 black sequin cushions that sometimes sit on the bed so I chose this for a pop of colour!

H&M have got some nice home stuff in their new spring range:



I like the aqua throw on the bed in the top picture (although the duvet set reminds me of a garish yellow number my mum's had for at least as long as I've been alive!) and the Cath Kidston style fabric used for the table runner and accessories in the second picture.  Nothing inspires me enough to buy it full price though!  I'm a sucker for anything in the sale!  ;-)

Personally I love TK Maxx and BHS for their home departments, particularly BHS's Maison Vintage collections:



Liberty flush ceiling light
How gorgeous is this lampshade!

Ohhh how I hanker after my own house.  Hubby and I are desperate to trade our top-floor apartment for a cosy house we can start our own family in.  Fingers crossed 2011 will be the year!

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! You should see how many throws I have on my bed. <3

    The chandelier is amazing. Wouldn't you love to wake up to that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, ah the little pillows/cushions. My step father hates the fact that mom and I have bought so many. He complains constantly because he doesn't like messing with them just like he seems to not like making a bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know BHS did homeware, there's some really gorgeous stuff on there! Thanks for the heads up :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i long for a carrie bradshaw sex and the city movie 1 apartment i wouldnt mind movies 2s apartment either ha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red cushion you bought is adorable! And it's got sequins which just makes it even better! :] I just saw your comment on Zoe's blog about the Lauren Conrad book. I was wondering of maybe you wanted to swap it with me for something else? My email is: mcnallysharon19@gmail.com if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete