Wednesday 3 November 2010

Don't worry, be happy.

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up." (Mark Twain)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the kind of person to have buy those teeny weeny books full of quotes from shmaltzy gift shops or even have a 'favourite' quote.  But I do find some truth in the saying above.  I hate all the quotes on happiness that include money.  To me, wealth shouldn't even enter the equasion.  I find the simplest way to bring a smile to my face is to bring a smile to someone else's face.  My favourite part of Christmas Day is watching my loved ones open their presents, knowing that my effort in choosing the PERFECT present has made them happy (or desperately hoping!).

But my blog is NOT going to be deep or full of lectures, I don't claim to be serious enough to blog about the meaning of life... even if I knew it!

It will be exactly what it says on the tin.  My name is Joy and I'm a happy-aholic, lol!  Full to the brim of all of my favourite things!  Whether it be a gorgeous purchase, a funny line from a sitcom or soap, a recipe to the best ever brownies (watch this space).  If it makes me happy, hopefully it will make someone out there in the big blogging world happy.

And that's all that matters.

:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment