Saturday 18 June 2011

I'm back (or am I?)

Yep, I'm still alive and kicking.  Did you even notice I was gone?  I'm sorry for dropping off the face of the blogging world.  I'm still unsure whether I'll be back for good... 

It can't just be me - do any of you just completely lose motivation for blogging?  I've been wondering these last few months why exactly I should carry on.  Just what is it all for?  What do I hope to achieve from it?  Let me just stress that I'm not in it for the free samples (which is good coz I've never been contacted by a PR company and do not expect to!) or the thousands of followers (simply not interested in Twitter).  I do enjoy writing and I definitely enjoy reading other people's blogs, I follow almost a hundred and read them pretty much every day.  In fact I'm so in awe of some, I feel rather feeble in comparison.  How do some people find the time to do so many posts in one day?!  How do they take such gorgeous pictures?!

I've been so busy the last few months, between work and seeing family and friends.  Hubby and I have attended no less than 6 weddings - 4 weddings & a birthday in May (wow that was an expensive month!).  So it's not like I haven't been inspired to write anything - often I think something would make a great topic.  I guess I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall, to steal one of my mum's expressions.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not attention seeking and I'm by no means blaming others (I'm so grateful for each and every one of my 21 followers!) but I kinda thought it would be different, more responsive.  Although I'm definitely being hypocritical as I rarely leave comments any more, although I highly admire so many of yours.  I guess it works both ways so I'm going to try and make an effort over the next few months, see if it makes a difference!

To end on a positive note, I've gotta say I'm so glad I discovered the blogging world (via Muhsine's fabulous Bubblegarm!).  I've been so inspired for the past year or so and my love for food, fashion, make up and photography has soared.  I hope my motivation will return soon!

1 comment: